Job Opportunity: Onsite Wellness Coordinator – Detroit, MI with Virgin Pulse + RedBrick Health
Who is RedBrick Health?
RedBrick Health is inspired by a singular purpose: to help people be healthy. We are a consumer health engagement company that delivers real behavior change. We help people improve health and make smarter use of healthcare. By combining behavioral and clinical expertise with adaptive technology we produce a more personal experience in web, mobile and live interactions. Our open platform seamlessly combines our wellness and consumerism tools with yours, keeping things simple, and rewarding. The result: customized solutions that sustain engagement, reduce cost and improve population health.
Who are our employees?
At RedBrick we are passionate about our purpose: to help people be healthy. We are inspired to create a better experience and to produce real results. We are curious, creative, and open-minded: willing to think out-of-the–box, and comfortable with change. We commit to working hard, holding ourselves accountable, and taking ownership for our clients’ success. We know it takes a team: we lead, listen, communicate, collaborate and celebrate success together. We take risks, knowing we have the support and trust of our teammates and leaders. We walk the talk. Whether at our yoga classes, in team-organized activities, or on our own, we take ownership of our own health and well-being, and bring our best each day.
Who you are.
This Onsite Wellness Coordinator role will be based at a DTE location and will report to the OWC Lead at DTE.
A knowledgeable Onsite Wellness Coordinator, you will collaborate with the RedBrick Health and DTE teams to develop programs, communications outreach tactics and engagement activities. You will provide advocacy for RedBrick Health products and demonstrate RedBrick Health’s mission of helping people be healthy. As part of your position you may at times travel to various DTE locations throughout Michigan.
In the role of OWC you will partner with DTE and RedBrick to promote a culture of health that addresses the health needs of DTE’s employee population. You will work closely with the internal DTE wellness program team to create integrated programming designed to improve awareness of health issues as well as create opportunities for employees to engage in healthy activities. You will use your talents and resources to answer all the questions about RedBrick and its products as well as questions and/or concerns regarding DTEs additional wellness programs and resources.
In the role of Onsite Wellness Coordinator for DTE you will wear many hats, but your attention will be especially essential on the following:
- Identify opportunities to integrate wellness into Company’s culture
- Collaborate with both the Company and RedBrick Account Leaders to drive engagement in healthy activities
- Develop a wellness champion network and provide leadership, support and resources to champions at multiple locations.
- Execute against project milestones
- Advocate on behalf of Company throughout the RedBrick organization.
- Successfully escalate concerns within the applicable organization and help drive issue resolution in a timely manner.
- Create and facilitate onsite health and wellness programs and events, such as Lunch and Learns, workshops and other events and programs.
- Utilization of operational metrics to define, track and report on program activities, participation and results
- Support implementation of onsite health promotion programs including health screenings, flu shots and others across Company’s multiple locations
- Utilize vendor resources, where applicable, to meet program objectives
- Manage trending feedback from Company contacts
- Support for open enrollment trainings/discussions per Company’s request
- Attend Company’s health events as requested
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Attend Company and RedBrick discussions and meetings as needed
What you bring to the team.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in health promotion, psychology, social work or other health related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- 2 -3 years’ experience in fields related to health and wellness
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in fields related to health coach role preferred, including: nurse line, disease management etc.
- 2 – 4 years’ experience with individual behavior change management, motivational interviewing and health coaching
- 2 -3 years’ experience in business environment/account management
- Previous experience as wellness account management and/or wellness coordinator
- Identify and report compliance and security violations
- Maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of consumer information and corporate information
- Read, understand and follow corporate compliance, security and privacy policies, especially the acceptable use policy.
Why work with us?
We believe a career at RedBrick Health should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, plus cutting-edge technology and services — more reasons to love it here.
Scholarship Spotlight: Theresa Quaderer
How the Fred Zimmer Memorial Scholarship has impacted past recipients
Theresa Quaderer received the Fred Zimmer Memorial Scholarship in 2016. She received her Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology from Michigan State University in 2017, and is currently a graduate student studying Health and Risk Communication at Michigan State University. Her future career goal is to work for a hospital system in population health, healthcare consulting, or provider/donor relations. Outside of her work and school-life, Theresa loves to exercise and cook.
The Fred Zimmer Worksite Wellness Memorial Scholarship was established by the Michigan Wellness Council to honor a deserving student who is pursuing a Baccalaureate degree in field of Health Promotion and Wellness at an approved Michigan post secondary institution. The Scholarship is awarded annually and each recipient may only win once. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and the next award will be announced in March of 2019. Check the experience of a past recipient here.
Minimum criteria to submit an application for this prestigious award include:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be a Junior or Senior in an approved program through an accredited college or university.
- Have plans to utilize their degree in a worksite setting.
- Provide a 200 to 300 word essay on how they can help shape lives using their degree in a worksite health setting.
- Two letters of reference
- 200 to 300 word essay on how you plan to shape lives using your degree in a worksite health setting
- Copy of your current college transcripts
- Contact information (email, phone and mailing address)
- Applicants are to submit their application materials no later than February 1st, 2019 to email@example.com.
- The Michigan Wellness Council Scholarship Committee will review the material each applicant submitted.
- The Scholarship Committee will provide the top three candidates to the entire board for final selection.
- The Fred Zimmer Wellness Memorial Scholarship will be presented to the deserving student at the March 2019
Questions may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fred Zimmer, LLP, LMSW was an active founding board member on the Michigan Wellness Council who gave tirelessly to the field of worksite wellness. He was a graduate of Michigan State and the Center for Humanistic Studies, now known as the Michigan School for Professional Psychology, with degrees in social work and psychology respectively. Michigan Wellness Council mission is to be the pioneer of wellness innovation for the employers and State with the vision to inspire successful integration of wellness best practices in the workplace through access to quality resources and forums.