Who is the Michigan Wellness Council (MWC)?
The MWC is a nonprofit organization whose vision is that the health and wellbeing of Michigan employers will be the best in the nation. We execute on this mission by inspiring the implementation of leading workplace wellness strategies through thought-leadership and education.
Over the past 12 years, the MWC has consistently convened over 60 public meetings and two half-day conferences, 3 trainings and one full day conference bringing in thought leaders in the field as well as employers sharing best practices in workplace wellness to discuss effectiveness and challenges along with new trends. Presenters include Dee Edington, Ray Fabius, Michael O’Donnell, Jon Robison and organizations such as Stryker, Carhartt, Beaumont, Oakland County, Calvin College and Grand Valley State University. Past topics include Positive Organizations, Culture of Wellbeing, Mindfulness and Resiliency, Thriving Organizations, Population Health Management, and Addressing Musculoskeletal Problems in the Workplace.
- 2015 Recipient of Pinnacle Award for Workplace Wellness
- Offers education HRCI credits for HR Professionals
- 2015 Press coverage in Crain’s on MWC meetings and Fred Zimmer Workplace Wellness Scholarship
- Collaborate statewide with other organizations with Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, West Michigan Business Health Coalition
- Partners with DSHRM & Best & Brightest in Wellness
What’s new in 2018?
- MWC will facilitate 3 bimonthly meetings, 3 webinars, 1 professional certification trainings, one half day conference in West MI and 1 two-day conference in SE MI
- Membership for free access to webinars and discounted rates to meetings.
- WellBites a new podcast series with interviews to showcase workplace wellness in MI
- Online resources for workplace wellness in MI
Who are the attendees?
- Those who register to receive our information via in person meetings or online are interested in learning about best practices and resources in workplace wellness, connecting and hearing from practitioners in the field, and networking for business and employment. Our attendee mix includes, employers (HR professionals), wellness practitioners, vendors, health insurance, health consultants, benefit providers, educators, and hospitals
- Average 60 attendees per group meeting
- Over 1,800 individuals in database (32% added in last 12 months)
- Average 20 new first time attendees each group meeting