Fred Zimmer Worksite Wellness Memorial Scholarship: Michigan Wellness Council Continues Investment in Future Workplace Wellness Leaders
Through a competitive review process, Anne Maitland has been selected by Michigan Wellness Council (MWC) to receive the third Fred Zimmer Worksite Wellness Memorial Scholarship. Anne is studying at Oakland University towards her B.S. in Wellness, Health Promotion and Injury Prevention with a minor in Nutrition. She is also expected to have the Certified Wellness Practitioner designation after graduation this spring. As an aspiring wellness professional, she strongly believes that the worksite wellness practitioner must have the energy and drive to make a positive change and be a role model for wellness practices. Anne has previous experience implementing wellness programs at Oakland University and at the U.S. Department of Defense.
The Fred Zimmer Worksite Wellness Memorial Scholarship was established by the Michigan Wellness Council to honor a deserving student who is pursuing a Baccalaureate degree in field of Health Promotion and Wellness at an approved Michigan postsecondary institution. The Scholarship is awarded annually and each recipient may only win once. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and the next award will be announced in March of 2018.
Minimum criteria to submit an application for this prestigious award include:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be a Junior or Senior in an approved program through an accredited college or university.
- Have plans to utilize their degree in a worksite setting.
- Provide a 200 to 300 word essay on how they can help shape lives using their degree in a worksite health setting.
- Include address, email and phone number
- Two letters of reference
- 200 to 300 word essay on how you plan to shape lives using your degree in a worksite health setting
- Copy of your current college transcripts
- Applicants are to submit their application materials no later than February 1st, 2018.
- Send one copy of your application to both firstname.lastname@example.org and Michigan Wellness Council, 2125 Butterfield, Ste. 100N, Troy, MI 48084
- The Michigan Wellness Council Scholarship Committee will review the material each applicant submitted.
- The Fred Zimmer Wellness Memorial Scholarship will be presented to the deserving student at the March 2018 Council Meeting. (Meeting information at michiganwellnesscouncil.org)
Questions may be emailed to: email@example.com
Fred Zimmer, LLP, LMSW was an active founding board member of the Michigan Wellness Council who gave tirelessly to the field of workplace wellness. Michigan Wellness Council (MWC) is a nonprofit whose mission is to be the trusted resource and connector for workplace wellness collaboration with the vision to improve health through the successful integration of wellness best practices in the workplace through access to quality resources and forums. Michigan Wellness Council offers regular public group meetings and an annual conference for developing, implementing, and revising worksite wellness programs.