Job Opportunity – Fitness Specialist/Personal Trainer
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Fitness Specialist/Personal Trainer
1. SpeedLine Fitness LLC is looking for a qualified Health Fitness Specialist (Specialist) who can work as an Independent Contractor at our various client sites in the metropolitan Detroit area. The Specialist uses specialized educational experience and training combined with independent judgment to ensure quality in all areas of the Fitness & Lifestyle training, including but not limited to; exercise program design and promotion, fitness testing, personal training, customer service, group exercise, nutrition consulting, and other health & fitness initiatives.
2. REQUIREMENTS: – Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field from four-year college/university required. – Relevant job experience (5 years including Corporate Wellness) preferred. – Ability to teach basic group fitness classes (certification preferred) – Ability to safely and accurately prescribe exercise adults using ACSM guidelines – ACSM Exercise Physiologist Certification preferred; other industry-related certifications (NASM, ACE, CSCS, etc) acknowledged – Current CPR/AED/First Aid certification required – Insurance coverage required
RESPONSIBILITIES: Assesses health status of members/clients, ranging from apparently healthy to high risk, to provide exercise and other wellness-related counseling and recommendations unique to each individual
• Exercise Prescriptions: Evaluates and combines member goals, health history, fitness test data, physician recommendations, ACSM guidelines, and other relevant information to create effective exercise programs.
• Health Forms: Evaluates health forms in accordance with ACSM guidelines; uses professional judgment to accurately process each application.
• Creates educational and program-specific print materials that motivate and engage corporate wellness populations. Information must convey safe and accurate health information; written clearly and informatively, with varying writing styles to meet audience needs. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Publisher and social media channels.
• Teaches group exercise classes; provides a range of acceptable activities to meet various fitness levels of class participants; adheres to appropriate safety guidelines while keeping classes inviting, challenging, and well-attended
• Monitors fitness center and uses educational background and other relevant training to accurately and safely answer member questions related to health, fitness, and nutrition topics.
• Must possess expertise in basic nutrition and lifestyle management consulting.
• Conducts orientations according to the facility layout, membership policies/procedures, and Quality Assurance guidelines.
• Assists with marketing programs and services to members and other employees.
• Partners with other staff to help clean equipment and other areas of the facility as needed. Performs other duties as assigned • Weekly schedules are determined in accordance with the demand at corporate wellness sites and some in-home Personal Training sites. Work schedules (average 5-10 hrs./week) are instituted on an individual basis determined by skill set and experience. Locations include: Taylor, Livonia, Oak Park and Birmingham, MI
• Compensation is determined by services provided and range from $15/hr. for administrative duties to $40/hr. for personal training or health fitness programming. Additionally, experience and education level will influence pay levels. ————————————————————-
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS POSITION: Well qualified candidates should submit their resume to Cliff Ewald at firstname.lastname@example.org. SpeedLine Fitness website: www.speedlinellc.com