WellBites is a Michigan Wellness Council Podcast.
Our mission is to inspire the implementation of leading workplace wellness strategies through thought-leadership and education. In an effort to make resources as diverse and accessible we have launched a podcast. In this podcast series, we interview people in the field to offer different perspectives and insights as well as tips no matter what stage you are at in the field. Our hope is that we can highlight what is happening in the community to enhance resources, connection and conversation for greater enhancement of wellbeing in the workplace. You can listen at anytime that is convenient for you and also as group with your workplace wellness team. In 2018, Wonolo listed us in the “Top 50 Podcasts Every HR Professional Should Be Listening To,” and you’ve made the list. Check out our interviews.
Position Type: Part-Time Contractor
Onsite RN Health Coach position organizes and administers preventative wellness initiatives to employees designed to encourage, educate and engage employees and spouses in healthy lifestyle behaviors that reduce risk factors. Must be comfortable outreaching to employees and drawing them into health coaching program. Wellness services are provided within the boundaries of the State Nurse Practice Act, other legal and regulatory guidelines as well as Company policies.
Ability to work in a matrix environment and maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
This person must have an interest in interacting respectfully employees and spouses to promote general health by emphasizing the principles of screening, prevention and health consumerism.
Duties – Under the direction of the Coordinator’s assigned location’s Human Resources Manager and US HealthCenter:
• Main duty includes promotes employee awareness by establishing health and wellness related goals and coaching/supporting people in their efforts to change; teaching employees and families to understand basic conditions, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
• Documents client care services by entering appropriate notes in wellness provider’s coaching and biometric records (manual/electronic data base).
• Maintains a cooperative relationship among wellness team members by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods. Includes partnering with safety manager and team to help address ergonomics and implement back conditioning programs.
• May perform routine screening exams, including finger stick and/or phlebotomy, blood pressure measurement and measurement of routine vital signs.
• Establishes a HIPAA compliant environment by maintaining patient confidentiality and protects operations by keeping information secured. Provide HIPAA educational intervention and support on an individual and group basis as needed.
• Delivers workshops and training to employee participants.
• Assures quality of care by adhering to professional standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations as applicable.
• Maintains a clean work environment using basic infection control practices with collaboration from site housekeeping staff.
• Protects employees and spouses by adhering to infection-control protocols and notifications.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
2 to 3 days per week. 1-2 days per week cover 4pm-5:30pm
Potential for additional hours.
Location: Chesterfield, MI
For additional information, please contact Melissa Lee at US HealthCenter: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-262-478-9400
Apply Community and Digital Engagement Specialist Position
The Detroit Regional Chamber is hiring a full time Community and Digital Engagement Specialist position to work in our downtown Detroit location. The Detroit Regional Chamber offers excellent health & dental insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield, voluntary vision insurance, Safe Harbor 401k plan with matching contribution, generous Paid Time Off Days (PTO), paid holidays, business mileage reimbursement, and much more!!! Join our team as Community and Digital Engagement Specialist Position today!
Community and Digital Engagement Specialist Position Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Diverse writing ability for multiple media and platforms
- Detail oriented, highly organized, deadline focused
- Experience working with web content management system and email marketing program
- Experience in managing partnership engagement and influencing decision makers
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work individually and in teams
- Ability to travel locally
- Web development and coding experience a plus
- Health care interest a plus
Community and Digital Engagement Specialist Position Responsibilities:
Platform Development: Planning and Execution
- Website maintenance and development, content creation and management: develop content for web, email communications, social, blogs etc.
- Implement partner content strategy, manage submissions.
- Research, generate, and implement health and wellness blogs, topics, information, etc. to enhance content strategy.
- Create and execute outreach campaigns and activities.
- Implement social strategy and increase page followers.
- Develop and execute strategy to increase email subscribers.
Affiliate and Business Engagement
- Manage engagement with affiliate partners and platform users.
- Ensure consistent branding and messaging across all affiliate communications.
- Lead launches of program campaigns and activities to affiliate partners.
- Assist with relationship management of local chamber partners.
- Assist with Wellness Works partner development and engagement.
- Assist with organizing BCBSM events and partner meetings.
Program Evaluation and Reporting
- Measure effectiveness of digital activities and platforms.
- Create monthly reports for Wellness Works and BCBSM partnership.
- Successfully interpret data and draw conclusions to improve strategy.
- Develop ongoing user engagement reports and track program success.
The Community and Digital Engagement Specialist position will focus primarily on the growth of the Chamber’s new Wellness Works platform under the direction of the Director of Health Care Initiatives. Wellness Works is an initiative created in partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan to promote wellness strategies to Southeast Michigan businesses. This program seeks collaboration from regional businesses, chambers of commerce, and community organizations with the goal of creating a healthier and happier Detroit Region.
Position is required to increase digital engagement and enhance the user experience. Position is responsible for all digital aspects of this initiative requiring digital and social strategy experience, creative thinking, strong writing skills, project management ability, and dedication to the program’s mission. Should have analytics knowledge and the ability to identifying new opportunities. A team player attitude is critical to the success of this role. This position will work in collaboration with the chamber’s marketing, design, and event teams. Required to maintain the day-to-day communications with program affiliates and platform users and follow the chamber’s corporate branding and communication standards. This position will support the program Director in the platform’s expansion strategy.
The salary for this position is up to $50,000 annually.
The Detroit Regional Chamber is an equal opportunity employer.
Michigan Wellness Council excited to announce the addition of two new individuals that have joined in recent months as its board of directors. The new board members are Alicia Wilson of Best and Brightest Programs and Diane Wolfenden of Priority Health. They will add their diverse range of experience to the leadership at Michigan Wellness Council to support its mission and vision. In total we have fifteen board of directors and we look forward to greater success as an organization with the new members.
Scholarship Spotlight: Anne Wawrzyniak
How the Fred Zimmer Memorial Scholarship has impacted past recipients
Anne Wawrzyniak received the Fred Zimmer Memorial Scholarship in 2017. She completed her undergraduate degree in Wellness, Health Promotion, & Injury Prevention from Oakland University in 2017, and is currently pursuing a Master of Science in Health Communication. Outside of her work and school-life, Anne loves traveling, hiking, and reading.
Job Opportunity: Onsite Wellness Coordinator – Detroit, MI with Virgin Pulse + RedBrick Health
Who is RedBrick Health?
RedBrick Health is inspired by a singular purpose: to help people be healthy. We are a consumer health engagement company that delivers real behavior change. We help people improve health and make smarter use of healthcare. By combining behavioral and clinical expertise with adaptive technology we produce a more personal experience in web, mobile and live interactions. Our open platform seamlessly combines our wellness and consumerism tools with yours, keeping things simple, and rewarding. The result: customized solutions that sustain engagement, reduce cost and improve population health.
Who are our employees?
At RedBrick we are passionate about our purpose: to help people be healthy. We are inspired to create a better experience and to produce real results. We are curious, creative, and open-minded: willing to think out-of-the–box, and comfortable with change. We commit to working hard, holding ourselves accountable, and taking ownership for our clients’ success. We know it takes a team: we lead, listen, communicate, collaborate and celebrate success together. We take risks, knowing we have the support and trust of our teammates and leaders. We walk the talk. Whether at our yoga classes, in team-organized activities, or on our own, we take ownership of our own health and well-being, and bring our best each day.
Who you are.
This Onsite Wellness Coordinator role will be based at a DTE location and will report to the OWC Lead at DTE.
A knowledgeable Onsite Wellness Coordinator, you will collaborate with the RedBrick Health and DTE teams to develop programs, communications outreach tactics and engagement activities. You will provide advocacy for RedBrick Health products and demonstrate RedBrick Health’s mission of helping people be healthy. As part of your position you may at times travel to various DTE locations throughout Michigan.
In the role of OWC you will partner with DTE and RedBrick to promote a culture of health that addresses the health needs of DTE’s employee population. You will work closely with the internal DTE wellness program team to create integrated programming designed to improve awareness of health issues as well as create opportunities for employees to engage in healthy activities. You will use your talents and resources to answer all the questions about RedBrick and its products as well as questions and/or concerns regarding DTEs additional wellness programs and resources.
In the role of Onsite Wellness Coordinator for DTE you will wear many hats, but your attention will be especially essential on the following:
- Identify opportunities to integrate wellness into Company’s culture
- Collaborate with both the Company and RedBrick Account Leaders to drive engagement in healthy activities
- Develop a wellness champion network and provide leadership, support and resources to champions at multiple locations.
- Execute against project milestones
- Advocate on behalf of Company throughout the RedBrick organization.
- Successfully escalate concerns within the applicable organization and help drive issue resolution in a timely manner.
- Create and facilitate onsite health and wellness programs and events, such as Lunch and Learns, workshops and other events and programs.
- Utilization of operational metrics to define, track and report on program activities, participation and results
- Support implementation of onsite health promotion programs including health screenings, flu shots and others across Company’s multiple locations
- Utilize vendor resources, where applicable, to meet program objectives
- Manage trending feedback from Company contacts
- Support for open enrollment trainings/discussions per Company’s request
- Attend Company’s health events as requested
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Attend Company and RedBrick discussions and meetings as needed
What you bring to the team.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in health promotion, psychology, social work or other health related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- 2 -3 years’ experience in fields related to health and wellness
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in fields related to health coach role preferred, including: nurse line, disease management etc.
- 2 – 4 years’ experience with individual behavior change management, motivational interviewing and health coaching
- 2 -3 years’ experience in business environment/account management
- Previous experience as wellness account management and/or wellness coordinator
- Identify and report compliance and security violations
- Maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of consumer information and corporate information
- Read, understand and follow corporate compliance, security and privacy policies, especially the acceptable use policy.
Why work with us?
We believe a career at RedBrick Health should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, plus cutting-edge technology and services — more reasons to love it here.