Location: GRAND RAPIDS, MI
Facility: Priority Health
Department: Ph-Wellness – Member Services
Employment Classification: Full-time with Benefits (A1)
Hours per two-week pay period: 80
Shift Length: 8 hours
Hours of work: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Days worked: Monday through Friday
Weekend frequency: N/A
The Director of Wellness provides leadership in defining, prioritizing, communicating and executing wellness strategies which will create significant, sustainable business growth opportunities. This high profile role develops long-range product plans and competitive strategies for wellness products at the national and regional levels.
The Director of Wellness needs to understand and be responsive to the market, become a known wellness leader in the market and establish a wellness presence for Priority Health. Further, the leader will oversee a Wellness Business Unit that provides a revenue stream that contributes to the organization’s bottom line.
Education – Bachelor’s Degree in business or a health related field
Experience – 5 years of experience typically gained through skills/knowledge/abilities in leading a business unit or a large team
Experience – Experience working with a major industry in the design, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive worksite wellness initiatives or health benefit strategies, Training and experience in the areas of nutrition, physical fitness and education
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
APPLY HERE: https://careers.spectrumhealth.org/app/SHMobileTalentAcquisition/jobs/description/35983
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Fitness Specialist/Personal Trainer
1. SpeedLine Fitness LLC is looking for a qualified Health Fitness Specialist (Specialist) who can work as an Independent Contractor at our various client sites in the metropolitan Detroit area. The Specialist uses specialized educational experience and training combined with independent judgment to ensure quality in all areas of the Fitness & Lifestyle training, including but not limited to; exercise program design and promotion, fitness testing, personal training, customer service, group exercise, nutrition consulting, and other health & fitness initiatives.
2. REQUIREMENTS: – Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field from four-year college/university required. – Relevant job experience (5 years including Corporate Wellness) preferred. – Ability to teach basic group fitness classes (certification preferred) – Ability to safely and accurately prescribe exercise adults using ACSM guidelines – ACSM Exercise Physiologist Certification preferred; other industry-related certifications (NASM, ACE, CSCS, etc) acknowledged – Current CPR/AED/First Aid certification required – Insurance coverage required
RESPONSIBILITIES: Assesses health status of members/clients, ranging from apparently healthy to high risk, to provide exercise and other wellness-related counseling and recommendations unique to each individual
• Exercise Prescriptions: Evaluates and combines member goals, health history, fitness test data, physician recommendations, ACSM guidelines, and other relevant information to create effective exercise programs.
• Health Forms: Evaluates health forms in accordance with ACSM guidelines; uses professional judgment to accurately process each application.
• Creates educational and program-specific print materials that motivate and engage corporate wellness populations. Information must convey safe and accurate health information; written clearly and informatively, with varying writing styles to meet audience needs. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Publisher and social media channels.
• Teaches group exercise classes; provides a range of acceptable activities to meet various fitness levels of class participants; adheres to appropriate safety guidelines while keeping classes inviting, challenging, and well-attended
• Monitors fitness center and uses educational background and other relevant training to accurately and safely answer member questions related to health, fitness, and nutrition topics.
• Must possess expertise in basic nutrition and lifestyle management consulting.
• Conducts orientations according to the facility layout, membership policies/procedures, and Quality Assurance guidelines.
• Assists with marketing programs and services to members and other employees.
• Partners with other staff to help clean equipment and other areas of the facility as needed. Performs other duties as assigned • Weekly schedules are determined in accordance with the demand at corporate wellness sites and some in-home Personal Training sites. Work schedules (average 5-10 hrs./week) are instituted on an individual basis determined by skill set and experience. Locations include: Taylor, Livonia, Oak Park and Birmingham, MI
• Compensation is determined by services provided and range from $15/hr. for administrative duties to $40/hr. for personal training or health fitness programming. Additionally, experience and education level will influence pay levels. ————————————————————-
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS POSITION: Well qualified candidates should submit their resume to Cliff Ewald at email@example.com. SpeedLine Fitness website: www.speedlinellc.com
Michigan Wellness Council is accepting speaker proposals for 2018. The proposal should include:
- Presenter Information
- Presentation Description
- Evidence-based practices implemented to be included in your presentation
- Three to five Session Objectives
- Supplemental Materials:
- Biography, resume or CV (required)
- Dates, organizations and details of three (3) recent presentation to professional associations/organizations (required)
- Three (3) professional references (required)
- Video sample of a presentation (optional)
You can apply by downloading the application form. You can review past presentations for reference at our site under meeting resources. Please send application to firstname.lastname@example.org. For consideration in 2018, please submit by September 1, 2017.
The Cardiovascular Health, Nutrition and Physical Activity Section at the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services is seeking a statewide worksite wellness specialist working with national, other state departments, and statewide and local businesses on implementing worksite wellness and chronic disease prevention programs.
This second advanced level consultant position functions as the statewide worksite wellness specialist working with national, other state departments, and statewide and local businesses on implementing worksite wellness and chronic disease prevention programs. This position serves as the state level expert in worksite wellness. The position will also develop contracts and provide guidance, consultation and training to contract agencies in the design, development and implementation of interventions to more effectively prevent and control chronic disease in the work site environment. The position will also assist in coordinating integrated Division level activities and reports, and will participate as a lead member on the Division’s Work Site Wellness Committee. The position will seek and respond to funding opportunities for the section and the Division. The consultant will work with other state staff within the Division and the Department to implement statewide, regional and local prevention and disease management efforts within their program areas. Position Description (Download PDF reader)EducationPossession of a master’s degree in public health or a public health related field such as nursing, epidemiology, health education, dietetics/nutrition management, genetics, or speech and audiology; a master’s degree in public administration with a health care administration concentration; a master’s degree in social work with concentration in community organizations/settings; master’s degree in counseling with concentration in community agencies, or masters degree in special education with specialization in blind/visual disabilities.ExperienceFour years of professional, post-master’s experience as a consultant in a field of public health equivalent to a Public Health Consultant, including two years equivalent to a Public Health Consultant P11 or one year equivalent to a Public Health Consultant 12.
Additional Requirements and Information
Interested applicants must attach a copy of “official” college transcripts, bearing the institution’s seal, the registrar’s signature, indicating the specific type of degree earned and the conferred/graduation date. (un-official transcripts will not be accepted).
All required documents must be attached and submitted at the time of application for further consideration. Applications must be submitted through NEOGOV to be considered.
If you have questions or need assistance uploading and/or attaching your documents, please call the MI HR Service Center toll free at 1-877-766-6447.
Michigan Civil Service Rule 3-8, Veterans’ Preference, states that a veteran or spouse may be eligible for Michigan’s preference in consideration during the selection process for hire into the classified service. In order to receive veterans’ preference, registration with Michigan Civil Service is required. NOTE: Not all veterans are eligible for veterans’ preference.
Applicants who fail to provide the information requested in this posting may be removed from consideration.
View the classification specification at: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/PublicHealthConsultant_12906_7.pdf (Download PDF reader)