The Fred Zimmer Worksite Wellness Memorial Scholarship was established by the Michigan Wellness Council to honor a deserving student who is pursuing a Baccalaureate degree in field of Health Promotion and Wellness at an approved Michigan post secondary institution. The Scholarship is awarded annually and each recipient may only win once. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and the next award will be announced in March of 2019. Check the experience of a past recipient here.
Minimum criteria to submit an application for this prestigious award include:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be a Junior or Senior in an approved program through an accredited college or university.
- Have plans to utilize their degree in a worksite setting.
- Provide a 200 to 300 word essay on how they can help shape lives using their degree in a worksite health setting.
- Two letters of reference
- 200 to 300 word essay on how you plan to shape lives using your degree in a worksite health setting
- Copy of your current college transcripts
- Contact information (email, phone and mailing address)
- Applicants are to submit their application materials no later than February 1st, 2019 to email@example.com.
- The Michigan Wellness Council Scholarship Committee will review the material each applicant submitted.
- The Scholarship Committee will provide the top three candidates to the entire board for final selection.
- The Fred Zimmer Wellness Memorial Scholarship will be presented to the deserving student at the March 2019
Questions may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fred Zimmer, LLP, LMSW was an active founding board member on the Michigan Wellness Council who gave tirelessly to the field of worksite wellness. He was a graduate of Michigan State and the Center for Humanistic Studies, now known as the Michigan School for Professional Psychology, with degrees in social work and psychology respectively. Michigan Wellness Council mission is to be the pioneer of wellness innovation for the employers and State with the vision to inspire successful integration of wellness best practices in the workplace through access to quality resources and forums.
Michigan Wellness Council is honored in recent months to have added four new individuals to its board of directors. The new board members are Joy Burton of Gallagher Benefits Services, Inc. who will also be serving as co-Secretary on the board, Christie Hecht of Ultimate Software, Beth Jabin of Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, and Mary Kline of OnSite Wellness. They will add their diverse range of experience to the leadership at Michigan Wellness Council to support its mission and vision. In total we have fifteen board of directors and we look forward to greater success as an organization with the new members.
Location: GRAND RAPIDS, MI
Facility: Priority Health
Department: Ph-Wellness – Member Services
Employment Classification: Full-time with Benefits (A1)
Hours per two-week pay period: 80
Shift Length: 8 hours
Hours of work: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Days worked: Monday through Friday
Weekend frequency: N/A
The Director of Wellness provides leadership in defining, prioritizing, communicating and executing wellness strategies which will create significant, sustainable business growth opportunities. This high profile role develops long-range product plans and competitive strategies for wellness products at the national and regional levels.
The Director of Wellness needs to understand and be responsive to the market, become a known wellness leader in the market and establish a wellness presence for Priority Health. Further, the leader will oversee a Wellness Business Unit that provides a revenue stream that contributes to the organization’s bottom line.
Education – Bachelor’s Degree in business or a health related field
Experience – 5 years of experience typically gained through skills/knowledge/abilities in leading a business unit or a large team
Experience – Experience working with a major industry in the design, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive worksite wellness initiatives or health benefit strategies, Training and experience in the areas of nutrition, physical fitness and education
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
APPLY HERE: https://careers.spectrumhealth.org/app/SHMobileTalentAcquisition/jobs/description/35983
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Fitness Specialist/Personal Trainer
1. SpeedLine Fitness LLC is looking for a qualified Health Fitness Specialist (Specialist) who can work as an Independent Contractor at our various client sites in the metropolitan Detroit area. The Specialist uses specialized educational experience and training combined with independent judgment to ensure quality in all areas of the Fitness & Lifestyle training, including but not limited to; exercise program design and promotion, fitness testing, personal training, customer service, group exercise, nutrition consulting, and other health & fitness initiatives.
2. REQUIREMENTS: – Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field from four-year college/university required. – Relevant job experience (5 years including Corporate Wellness) preferred. – Ability to teach basic group fitness classes (certification preferred) – Ability to safely and accurately prescribe exercise adults using ACSM guidelines – ACSM Exercise Physiologist Certification preferred; other industry-related certifications (NASM, ACE, CSCS, etc) acknowledged – Current CPR/AED/First Aid certification required – Insurance coverage required
RESPONSIBILITIES: Assesses health status of members/clients, ranging from apparently healthy to high risk, to provide exercise and other wellness-related counseling and recommendations unique to each individual
• Exercise Prescriptions: Evaluates and combines member goals, health history, fitness test data, physician recommendations, ACSM guidelines, and other relevant information to create effective exercise programs.
• Health Forms: Evaluates health forms in accordance with ACSM guidelines; uses professional judgment to accurately process each application.
• Creates educational and program-specific print materials that motivate and engage corporate wellness populations. Information must convey safe and accurate health information; written clearly and informatively, with varying writing styles to meet audience needs. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Publisher and social media channels.
• Teaches group exercise classes; provides a range of acceptable activities to meet various fitness levels of class participants; adheres to appropriate safety guidelines while keeping classes inviting, challenging, and well-attended
• Monitors fitness center and uses educational background and other relevant training to accurately and safely answer member questions related to health, fitness, and nutrition topics.
• Must possess expertise in basic nutrition and lifestyle management consulting.
• Conducts orientations according to the facility layout, membership policies/procedures, and Quality Assurance guidelines.
• Assists with marketing programs and services to members and other employees.
• Partners with other staff to help clean equipment and other areas of the facility as needed. Performs other duties as assigned • Weekly schedules are determined in accordance with the demand at corporate wellness sites and some in-home Personal Training sites. Work schedules (average 5-10 hrs./week) are instituted on an individual basis determined by skill set and experience. Locations include: Taylor, Livonia, Oak Park and Birmingham, MI
• Compensation is determined by services provided and range from $15/hr. for administrative duties to $40/hr. for personal training or health fitness programming. Additionally, experience and education level will influence pay levels. ————————————————————-
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS POSITION: Well qualified candidates should submit their resume to Cliff Ewald at email@example.com. SpeedLine Fitness website: www.speedlinellc.com