Fred Zimmer Worksite Wellness Memorial Scholarship: Michigan Wellness Council Continues Investment in Future Workplace Wellness Leaders
Through a competitive review process, Anne Maitland has been selected by Michigan Wellness Council (MWC) to receive the third Fred Zimmer Worksite Wellness Memorial Scholarship. Anne is studying at Oakland University towards her B.S. in Wellness, Health Promotion and Injury Prevention with a minor in Nutrition. She is also expected to have the Certified Wellness Practitioner designation after graduation this spring. As an aspiring wellness professional, she strongly believes that the worksite wellness practitioner must have the energy and drive to make a positive change and be a role model for wellness practices. Anne has previous experience implementing wellness programs at Oakland University and at the U.S. Department of Defense.
The Fred Zimmer Worksite Wellness Memorial Scholarship was established by the Michigan Wellness Council to honor a deserving student who is pursuing a Baccalaureate degree in field of Health Promotion and Wellness at an approved Michigan postsecondary institution. The Scholarship is awarded annually and each recipient may only win once. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and the next award will be announced in March of 2018.
Minimum criteria to submit an application for this prestigious award include:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be a Junior or Senior in an approved program through an accredited college or university.
- Have plans to utilize their degree in a worksite setting.
- Provide a 200 to 300 word essay on how they can help shape lives using their degree in a worksite health setting.
- Include address, email and phone number
- Two letters of reference
- 200 to 300 word essay on how you plan to shape lives using your degree in a worksite health setting
- Copy of your current college transcripts
- Applicants are to submit their application materials no later than February 1st, 2018.
- Send one copy of your application to both email@example.com and Michigan Wellness Council, 2125 Butterfield, Ste. 100N, Troy, MI 48084
- The Michigan Wellness Council Scholarship Committee will review the material each applicant submitted.
- The Fred Zimmer Wellness Memorial Scholarship will be presented to the deserving student at the March 2018 Council Meeting. (Meeting information at michiganwellnesscouncil.org)
Questions may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fred Zimmer, LLP, LMSW was an active founding board member of the Michigan Wellness Council who gave tirelessly to the field of workplace wellness. Michigan Wellness Council (MWC) is a nonprofit whose mission is to be the trusted resource and connector for workplace wellness collaboration with the vision to improve health through the successful integration of wellness best practices in the workplace through access to quality resources and forums. Michigan Wellness Council offers regular public group meetings and an annual conference for developing, implementing, and revising worksite wellness programs.
Michigan Wellness Council is a not-for-profit education and resource organization focused on improving health through the successful integration of wellness best practices in the workplace. In early 2017, to continue to provide relevant and diverse leadership in the field, Kandi Lannen, RD, Wellness Director at Priority Health and Brett Powell, CWPC, Vice President at the American Institute for Preventive Medicine joined the board of directors of Michigan Wellness Council. Their experience and knowledge adds to the existing group of leaders in the field that serve on the board. You can view all the board members and their expertise here. Below are brief descriptions on the backgrounds of Kandi Lannen and Brett Powell:
Kandi Lannen is the director of wellness services at Priority Health. Kandi provides vision and strategy for employer and member wellness programs that produce positive health outcomes and an exceptional customer and member experience, while reducing costs over time. In addition to her responsibilities, Kandi promotes health and wellness through employee-led wellness activities at Priority Health. She has worked for more than 18 years in wellness, health promotion and chronic disease prevention. Her areas of expertise include: Corporate wellness programs, Reducing cost to employers through wellness programs and Health concerns, such as obesity and heart health. Kandi is involved in the community through various organizations: WebMD Health Plan Advisory Board, American Heart Association: Go Red for Women and Heart Walk, Grand Rapids 100 Women Who Care, Inforum Professional Women’s Alliance, Economic Club of Grand Rapids, and Wellness Councils of America.
Brett Powell has been involved in the wellness field for over a decade. Most of that time has been dedicated to designing and implementing health promotion programs for companies and communities. He presently is a Vice President at the American Institute for Preventive Medicine, a URAC Accredited Wellness company located in Farmington Hills, Michigan. Brett is considered to be one of the nation’s foremost authorities on engaging a multigenerational workforce in wellness programs. Due to his expertise in this topic area, he is a sought after speaker at national conferences including the National Wellness Conference, the Art & Science of Health Promotion Conference, and WELCOA. He has also written extensively on the subject including an article for the American Journal of Health Promotion. He was instrumental in the development of a comprehensive wellness program for the largest insurance company in Peru, the first program of its kind in South America.
Work Life Consultant-Human Resources at Grand Valley State University
Work type: EAP – Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Human Resources
Grand Valley State University is seeking to hire a person for the role of the Work/Life Consultant to provide University leadership, assistance, resources and solutions to faculty and staff regarding a diverse variety of work/life/traditional and non-traditional family issues. The goal of this position is to provide an environment where faculty and staff are focused and able to perform at their potential, while at the same time, feeling appreciated and cared for by the University.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- A bachelor’s degree in social work, human resource management, psychology, or a related field.
- Experience working as a social worker or a consultant in one of the following areas: a work/life program, human resources, organizational development, training or similar/related program.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, presentation and research skills.
- Outstanding organizational, assessment and problem solving skills.
- Emotional maturity and sensitivity to interact at all levels within the University.
- Advocate for, and provide help to, faculty, staff, and their families for resources that would improve their well-being.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Highly motivated individual who has a proven track record of working independently and following through on projects.
- A self-starter with the ability to manage multiple issues effectively with sensitivity and confidentiality.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- A masters in social work.
- Proven experience directly working with conflict resolution and mediation.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- The Work/Life Consultant is responsible for the conceptualization, development, implementation, administration, and training of outreach initiatives.
- The Work/Life Consultant’s role is to listen to the needs of Grand Valley faculty and staff and provide resources and/or referrals that address these concerns.
- Facilitates programs and provide resources that benefit faculty, staff, and their families in helping to ease the demands of balancing work and family responsibilities.
- Areas of specialization include elder care, child care, financial issues, domestic abuse, relationship issues, and conflicts with supervisors or co-workers.
- Provide conflict resolution solutions and coordinate mediation activities.
- Serve as Ombudsman for faculty and staff.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Human Resources
Application Deadline Date: Review of application will begin on April 12, 2017, but will remain open until filled.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select “Apply now”. Include a cover letter and resume. The online system will allow you to attach these items electronically. If you need assistance contact Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Job Title: Clinical Wellness Coordinator (on-site Nurse) Position Type: Contracted with US HealthCenter Job Description Job Purpose:
Clinical Wellness Coordinator position organizes and administers preventative wellness initiatives to employees designed to encourage, educate and engage employees and spouses in healthy lifestyle behaviors that reduce risk factors. Wellness services are provided within the boundaries of the State Nurse Practice Act, other legal and regulatory guidelines as well as Company policies.
This person must have an interest in interacting respectfully employees and spouses to promote general health by emphasizing the principles of screening, prevention and health consumerism.
Duties – Under the direction of the Coordinator’s assigned location’s Human Resources Manager and guidance from the company’s wellness program providers:
· Performs routine screening exams, including finger stick and/or phlebotomy, blood pressure measurement and measurement of routine vital signs.
· Establishes a HIPAA compliant environment by maintaining patient confidentiality and protects operations by keeping information secured. Provide HIPAA educational intervention and support on an individual and group basis as needed.
· Promotes employee awareness by establishing health and wellness related goals and supporting people in their efforts to change; teaching employees and families to understand basic conditions, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
· Delivers workshops and training to employee participants.
· Assures quality of care by adhering to professional standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations as applicable.
· Maintains a clean work environment using basic infection control practices with collaboration from site housekeeping staff.
· Protects employees and spouses by adhering to infection-control protocols and notifications.
· Documents client care services by entering appropriate notes in wellness provider’s coaching and biometric records (manual/electronic data base).
· Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
· Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; after appropriate approval, places and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
· Maintains a cooperative relationship among wellness team members by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
· Perform other duties as directed and assigned by management.
An RN or other qualified individual who has competencies in the areas of preventive health screening, results review, health coaching skills and corporate health promotion.
Optional Areas of Responsibility
· Assist with occupational and non-occupational injury and illness cases when available.
· Provide CPR/AED/First Aid training for a Medical Emergency Response Team to provide immediate care to an injured or ill employee
· Coordinate and offer flu vaccine with signed physician directives.
· Maintain site Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Program, including training for a Medical Emergency Response Team.
Monday: Royal Oak 8am-5pm
Tuesday: Chesterfield 8am-5pm
Wed: Troy 6:30am-3:30pm
Thursday: Chesterfield 8am-5pm
Friday: Troy 6:30am-3:30pm
For additional information, please contact Melissa Lee at US HealthCenter: email@example.com or 1-262-478-9400
Implementation Coordinator at Health Enhancement Systems
Health Enhancement Systems is the world leader in workplace wellness campaigns. Our programs help hundreds of thousands of participants improve health — ranging from nutrition to fitness to stress management to weight control to family health. We’re looking for an Implementation Coordinator to join our team and support people in their journey to better health.
You’ll have the opportunity to get involved with many facets of the organization:
- Assisting our clients in the successful setup, orientation, training, launch implementation, and ongoing support of online products
- Providing help for online wellness campaigns, responding to participant inquiries through web interface
- Following up with clients who have made a purchase to assess satisfaction, offer additional service and products, and solve problems as needed
- Working directly with our team of talented Implementation Coordinators and Account Managers who strive each day to be the best possible providers of customer service and take great pride in our customer satisfaction scores.
We’re looking for a person with a positive attitude, initiative, a flexible nature that allows for fast thinking plus rapid shifts in direction, and the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly. You’ll handle dozens of clients, working online and over the phone. We want someone whose personality will fit seamlessly into our team, who is up for having fun and working hard. And if you like to play golf or prepare delicious, healthy food to share, that’s a bonus!
For more information about the job and requirements, download the Implementation Coordinator Job Summary.
Please send your resume and a letter telling us why you think you’re the perfect candidate for this job to Kristen Fernandes at the email listed in the download.