Job Title: Clinical Wellness Coordinator (on-site Nurse) Position Type: Contracted with US HealthCenter Job Description Job Purpose:
Clinical Wellness Coordinator position organizes and administers preventative wellness initiatives to employees designed to encourage, educate and engage employees and spouses in healthy lifestyle behaviors that reduce risk factors. Wellness services are provided within the boundaries of the State Nurse Practice Act, other legal and regulatory guidelines as well as Company policies.
This person must have an interest in interacting respectfully employees and spouses to promote general health by emphasizing the principles of screening, prevention and health consumerism.
Duties – Under the direction of the Coordinator’s assigned location’s Human Resources Manager and guidance from the company’s wellness program providers:
· Performs routine screening exams, including finger stick and/or phlebotomy, blood pressure measurement and measurement of routine vital signs.
· Establishes a HIPAA compliant environment by maintaining patient confidentiality and protects operations by keeping information secured. Provide HIPAA educational intervention and support on an individual and group basis as needed.
· Promotes employee awareness by establishing health and wellness related goals and supporting people in their efforts to change; teaching employees and families to understand basic conditions, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
· Delivers workshops and training to employee participants.
· Assures quality of care by adhering to professional standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations as applicable.
· Maintains a clean work environment using basic infection control practices with collaboration from site housekeeping staff.
· Protects employees and spouses by adhering to infection-control protocols and notifications.
· Documents client care services by entering appropriate notes in wellness provider’s coaching and biometric records (manual/electronic data base).
· Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
· Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; after appropriate approval, places and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
· Maintains a cooperative relationship among wellness team members by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
· Perform other duties as directed and assigned by management.
An RN or other qualified individual who has competencies in the areas of preventive health screening, results review, health coaching skills and corporate health promotion.
Optional Areas of Responsibility
· Assist with occupational and non-occupational injury and illness cases when available.
· Provide CPR/AED/First Aid training for a Medical Emergency Response Team to provide immediate care to an injured or ill employee
· Coordinate and offer flu vaccine with signed physician directives.
· Maintain site Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Program, including training for a Medical Emergency Response Team.
Monday: Royal Oak 8am-5pm
Tuesday: Chesterfield 8am-5pm
Wed: Troy 6:30am-3:30pm
Thursday: Chesterfield 8am-5pm
Friday: Troy 6:30am-3:30pm
For additional information, please contact Melissa Lee at US HealthCenter: email@example.com or 1-262-478-9400
Implementation Coordinator at Health Enhancement Systems
Health Enhancement Systems is the world leader in workplace wellness campaigns. Our programs help hundreds of thousands of participants improve health — ranging from nutrition to fitness to stress management to weight control to family health. We’re looking for an Implementation Coordinator to join our team and support people in their journey to better health.
You’ll have the opportunity to get involved with many facets of the organization:
- Assisting our clients in the successful setup, orientation, training, launch implementation, and ongoing support of online products
- Providing help for online wellness campaigns, responding to participant inquiries through web interface
- Following up with clients who have made a purchase to assess satisfaction, offer additional service and products, and solve problems as needed
- Working directly with our team of talented Implementation Coordinators and Account Managers who strive each day to be the best possible providers of customer service and take great pride in our customer satisfaction scores.
We’re looking for a person with a positive attitude, initiative, a flexible nature that allows for fast thinking plus rapid shifts in direction, and the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly. You’ll handle dozens of clients, working online and over the phone. We want someone whose personality will fit seamlessly into our team, who is up for having fun and working hard. And if you like to play golf or prepare delicious, healthy food to share, that’s a bonus!
For more information about the job and requirements, download the Implementation Coordinator Job Summary.
Please send your resume and a letter telling us why you think you’re the perfect candidate for this job to Kristen Fernandes at the email listed in the download.
WellBites is a Michigan Wellness Council Podcast.
Our mission is to inspire the implementation of leading workplace wellness strategies through thought-leadership and education. In an effort to make resources as diverse and accessible we have launched a podcast. In this podcast series, we interview people in the field to offer different perspectives and insights as well as tips no matter what stage you are at in the field. Our hope is that we can highlight what is happening in the community to enhance resources, connection and conversation for greater enhancement of wellbeing in the workplace. You can listen at anytime that is convenient for you and also as group with your workplace wellness team. In 2018, Wonolo listed us in the “Top 50 Podcasts Every HR Professional Should Be Listening To,” and you’ve made the list. Check out our interviews.
Corporate and Community Wellness Roundtable presented by Health Alliance Plan
Wednesday, June 8, 2016
The Community Health and Social Services (CHASS) Center
5635 West Fort Street
Detroit, MI 48209
Reconvene with fellow attendees from last November’s Corporate and Community Wellness Forum.
Fred Zimmer Worksite Wellness Memorial Scholarship Award: Recipient Theresa Quaderer
On May 11, 2016, Michigan Wellness Council presented the 2016 Fred Zimmer Worksite Wellness Memorial Scholarship award to Theresa Quaderer. Through a competitive review process, Theresa was selected by Michigan Wellness Council to receive the second Fred Zimmer Worksite Wellness Memorial Scholarship. Theresa is studying at Michigan State University where she is a Health Education major with a concentration in Community Health. She holds that worksite wellness programs have the possibility for lives to be saved through education, resources, encouraging behavioral changes that promote wellness and healthy living. This award is an opportunity for the Michigan Wellness Council to invest in the next generation of workplace wellness leaders.
The Fred Zimmer Worksite Wellness Memorial Scholarship was established by the Michigan Wellness Council to honor a deserving student who is pursuing a Baccalaureate degree in field of Health Promotion and Wellness at an approved Michigan post secondary institution. The Scholarship is awarded annually and each recipient may only win once. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and the next award will be announced in March of 2017.
Minimum criteria to submit an application for this prestigious award include:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be a Junior or Senior in an approved program through an accredited college or university.
- Have plans to utilize their degree in a worksite setting.
- Provide a 200 to 300 word essay on how they can help shape lives using their degree in a worksite health setting.
- Two letters of reference
- 200 to 300 word essay on how you plan to shape lives using your degree in a worksite health setting
- Copy of your current college transcripts
- Applicants are to submit their application materials no later than February 1st, 2017.
Send three copies of your application to (include address, email and phone):
Michigan Wellness Council, 2125 Butterfield, Ste. 100N, Troy, MI 48084
- The Michigan Wellness Council Scholarship Committee will review the material each applicant submitted.
- The Scholarship Committee will provide the top three candidates to the entire board for final selection.
- The Fred Zimmer Wellness Memorial Scholarship will be presented to the deserving student at the March 2016 Council Meeting. (Meeting information at michiganwellnesscouncil.org)
Questions may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fred Zimmer, LLP, LMSW was an active founding board member on the Michigan Wellness Council who gave tirelessly to the field of worksite wellness. He was a graduate of Michigan State and the Center for Humanistic Studies, now known as the Michigan School for Professional Psychology, with degrees in social work and psychology respectively. Michigan Wellness Council mission is to be the pioneer of wellness innovation for the employers and State with the vision to inspire successful integration of wellness best practices in the workplace through access to quality resources and forums.