Work Life Consultant-Human Resources at Grand Valley State University
Work type: EAP – Executive, Administrative, Professional
Categories: Human Resources
Grand Valley State University is seeking to hire a person for the role of the Work/Life Consultant to provide University leadership, assistance, resources and solutions to faculty and staff regarding a diverse variety of work/life/traditional and non-traditional family issues. The goal of this position is to provide an environment where faculty and staff are focused and able to perform at their potential, while at the same time, feeling appreciated and cared for by the University.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- A bachelor’s degree in social work, human resource management, psychology, or a related field.
- Experience working as a social worker or a consultant in one of the following areas: a work/life program, human resources, organizational development, training or similar/related program.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, presentation and research skills.
- Outstanding organizational, assessment and problem solving skills.
- Emotional maturity and sensitivity to interact at all levels within the University.
- Advocate for, and provide help to, faculty, staff, and their families for resources that would improve their well-being.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Highly motivated individual who has a proven track record of working independently and following through on projects.
- A self-starter with the ability to manage multiple issues effectively with sensitivity and confidentiality.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- A masters in social work.
- Proven experience directly working with conflict resolution and mediation.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- The Work/Life Consultant is responsible for the conceptualization, development, implementation, administration, and training of outreach initiatives.
- The Work/Life Consultant’s role is to listen to the needs of Grand Valley faculty and staff and provide resources and/or referrals that address these concerns.
- Facilitates programs and provide resources that benefit faculty, staff, and their families in helping to ease the demands of balancing work and family responsibilities.
- Areas of specialization include elder care, child care, financial issues, domestic abuse, relationship issues, and conflicts with supervisors or co-workers.
- Provide conflict resolution solutions and coordinate mediation activities.
- Serve as Ombudsman for faculty and staff.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Human Resources
Application Deadline Date: Review of application will begin on April 12, 2017, but will remain open until filled.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select “Apply now”. Include a cover letter and resume. The online system will allow you to attach these items electronically. If you need assistance contact Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Job Title: Clinical Wellness Coordinator (on-site Nurse) Position Type: Contracted with US HealthCenter Job Description Job Purpose:
Clinical Wellness Coordinator position organizes and administers preventative wellness initiatives to employees designed to encourage, educate and engage employees and spouses in healthy lifestyle behaviors that reduce risk factors. Wellness services are provided within the boundaries of the State Nurse Practice Act, other legal and regulatory guidelines as well as Company policies.
This person must have an interest in interacting respectfully employees and spouses to promote general health by emphasizing the principles of screening, prevention and health consumerism.
Duties – Under the direction of the Coordinator’s assigned location’s Human Resources Manager and guidance from the company’s wellness program providers:
· Performs routine screening exams, including finger stick and/or phlebotomy, blood pressure measurement and measurement of routine vital signs.
· Establishes a HIPAA compliant environment by maintaining patient confidentiality and protects operations by keeping information secured. Provide HIPAA educational intervention and support on an individual and group basis as needed.
· Promotes employee awareness by establishing health and wellness related goals and supporting people in their efforts to change; teaching employees and families to understand basic conditions, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
· Delivers workshops and training to employee participants.
· Assures quality of care by adhering to professional standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations as applicable.
· Maintains a clean work environment using basic infection control practices with collaboration from site housekeeping staff.
· Protects employees and spouses by adhering to infection-control protocols and notifications.
· Documents client care services by entering appropriate notes in wellness provider’s coaching and biometric records (manual/electronic data base).
· Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
· Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; after appropriate approval, places and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
· Maintains a cooperative relationship among wellness team members by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
· Perform other duties as directed and assigned by management.
An RN or other qualified individual who has competencies in the areas of preventive health screening, results review, health coaching skills and corporate health promotion.
Optional Areas of Responsibility
· Assist with occupational and non-occupational injury and illness cases when available.
· Provide CPR/AED/First Aid training for a Medical Emergency Response Team to provide immediate care to an injured or ill employee
· Coordinate and offer flu vaccine with signed physician directives.
· Maintain site Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Program, including training for a Medical Emergency Response Team.
Monday: Royal Oak 8am-5pm
Tuesday: Chesterfield 8am-5pm
Wed: Troy 6:30am-3:30pm
Thursday: Chesterfield 8am-5pm
Friday: Troy 6:30am-3:30pm
For additional information, please contact Melissa Lee at US HealthCenter: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-262-478-9400
Implementation Coordinator at Health Enhancement Systems
Health Enhancement Systems is the world leader in workplace wellness campaigns. Our programs help hundreds of thousands of participants improve health — ranging from nutrition to fitness to stress management to weight control to family health. We’re looking for an Implementation Coordinator to join our team and support people in their journey to better health.
You’ll have the opportunity to get involved with many facets of the organization:
- Assisting our clients in the successful setup, orientation, training, launch implementation, and ongoing support of online products
- Providing help for online wellness campaigns, responding to participant inquiries through web interface
- Following up with clients who have made a purchase to assess satisfaction, offer additional service and products, and solve problems as needed
- Working directly with our team of talented Implementation Coordinators and Account Managers who strive each day to be the best possible providers of customer service and take great pride in our customer satisfaction scores.
We’re looking for a person with a positive attitude, initiative, a flexible nature that allows for fast thinking plus rapid shifts in direction, and the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly. You’ll handle dozens of clients, working online and over the phone. We want someone whose personality will fit seamlessly into our team, who is up for having fun and working hard. And if you like to play golf or prepare delicious, healthy food to share, that’s a bonus!
For more information about the job and requirements, download the Implementation Coordinator Job Summary.
Please send your resume and a letter telling us why you think you’re the perfect candidate for this job to Kristen Fernandes at the email listed in the download.
WellBites is a Michigan Wellness Council Podcast.
Our mission is to inspire the implementation of leading workplace wellness strategies through thought-leadership and education. In an effort to make resources as diverse and accessible we have launched a podcast. In this podcast series, we interview people in the field to offer different perspectives and insights as well as tips no matter what stage you are at in the field. Our hope is that we can highlight what is happening in the community to enhance resources, connection and conversation for greater enhancement of wellbeing in the workplace. You can listen at anytime that is convenient for you and also as group with your workplace wellness team. In 2018, Wonolo listed us in the “Top 50 Podcasts Every HR Professional Should Be Listening To,” and you’ve made the list. Check out our interviews.
Corporate and Community Wellness Roundtable presented by Health Alliance Plan
Wednesday, June 8, 2016
The Community Health and Social Services (CHASS) Center
5635 West Fort Street
Detroit, MI 48209
Reconvene with fellow attendees from last November’s Corporate and Community Wellness Forum.