About Michigan Wellness Council
Who is the Michigan Wellness Council (MWC)?
The MWC is a nonprofit organization whose vision is that the health and wellbeing of Michigan employers will be the best in the nation. We execute on this mission by inspiring the implementation of leading workplace wellness strategies through thought-leadership and education.
Over the past 12 years, the MWC has consistently convened over 60 public meetings and two half-day conferences, 3 trainings, and one full day conference bringing in thought leaders in the field as well as employers sharing best practices in workplace wellness to discuss effectiveness and challenges along with new trends. Presenters include Dee Edington, Ray Fabius, Michael O’Donnell, Jon Robison, and organizations such as Stryker, Carhartt, Beaumont, Oakland County, Calvin College, and Grand Valley State University. Past topics include Positive Organizations, Culture of Wellbeing, Mindfulness and Resiliency, Thriving Organizations, Population Health Management, and Addressing Musculoskeletal Problems in the Workplace.
- Collaborate statewide with other organizations with Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, West Michigan Business Health Coalition
- Partners with DSHRM & Best & Brightest in Wellness
MWC has partnered with the National Wellness Institute to offer you two memberships for the price of one!
- This dual membership gives you access to 12 webinars a year that include continuing education credit and discounted rates to meetings, seminars, and the Michigan Wellness Conference and the National Wellness Conference.
- WellConnected – an MWC newsletter with updates and connection to articles, research, and fellow workplace wellness leaders.
- Online resources for workplace wellness in Michigan, nationally, and internationally.
The health and wellbeing of Michigan employers will be the best in the nation.
To inspire the implementation of leading workplace wellness strategies through thought-leadership and education.